• Free Radical Scavenger
• Increased Hydration and Smoothness
• Decreased Redness
• Extremely stable in formulations
• Rich in fatty acids
• Easily absorbed in the skin
• Skin Care: anti-aging face creams/serums; to treat dry, chapping skin; to maintain hydrated, smooth skin as well as reducing redness. Can be used around the eyes; a good massage oil.
• Baby Care: massage oil
• Hair Care: dry, damaged and fragile hair
• Cosmetics: component of lipsticks
Marula oil is a clear pale, yellowish-brown color with a pleasant aroma. Studies have shown that the oil is highly nutritional and extraordinarily stable, containing a large proportion of mono-unsaturated fatty acids and natural antioxidants. Marula oil contains a similar fatty acid composition to olive oil, however it is ten times more stable from oxidation. Easily absorbed, containing high proportions of oleic acid (70-78%), as well as the essential linoleic fatty acid (4-7%) combine to make the oil ideal for topical application. Marula oil has also shown to improve skin hydration, skin smoothness and reduce redness. Marula oil scored higher than sweet almond oil in each of these properties.
Approved for use in Europe, Japan, Canada, and Australia